The New Normal: Drag & Drop Drupal Content Editing
At the heart heart of Promet's mission lately: make life easier and better for everyone who manages a Drupal website. That's what Provus® is all about.
Provus® combines the latest drag-and-drop page building tools in Drupal with a curated library of design components, enabling content editors to easily layer designs, add functionality, and rearrange layouts.
An essential differentiator from other drag-and-drop tools is the degree to which Provus® empowers content creators, while at the same time adhering to an organization’s brand guidelines to ensure consistency and aesthetic alignment.
From a development perspective, Provus is allowing for vast new efficiencies as we work toward eliminating the wall that had previously existed between easy-to-create and manage SaaS solutions, and scalable Drupal solutions, for websites that have complex data models and a depth of content.
New Perspectives and Possibilities
Provus® was inspired by the realization that nearly every website consists of various combinations of roughly 15-20 types of features or patterns. By organizing a library of high-quality components that can be repurposed for low-code, no-code site building, we create a foundation for:
- Easier content editing capabilities with drag and drop functionality;
- Greater design flexibility within defined brand standards; and
- Streamlined development using Drupal’s proven content models.
Provus in Action
Having identified that component-based theming tools are key to next-level efficiencies in website building, our next step was to single out an optimal approach for delivering reusable components.
What Sets Provus Apart?
Content editor empowerment, combined with the robust guidance and governance are key factors fueling the success of Provus. More specifically:
- Self-adjusting features within components create a foundation for both readability and ADA accessibility, by ensuring, for example, adequate contrast between fonts and background colors.
- Design governance offers the assurance that content editor empowerment does not translate into mismatched, crowded, or sub-par page designs. Customization options are presented within an expertly calibrated design framework for ensuring the highest quality designs and user experiences on all devices, without breaking layouts or straying from an organization’s brand guidelines.
- Content editors are able to seamlessly edit components and change patterns within the view mode, eliminating time-consuming processes of reentering content and switching back and forth between edit and publish modes.
As a thought leader on how humans interact with technology, Promet Source has enthusiastically pursued component-based design systems for their potential to drive high velocity capabilities that drive consistency and collaboration.
While Provus provides for game-changing advantages on multiple levels, we’re most excited about the amazing new capabilities that we are now able to offer our clients. In blending a formal design system that ensures brand consistency across the site with the flexibility of drag-and-drop site building tools within Drupal core, we are reducing the cost of ownership and empowering clients with a site that’s designed to flex and expand to fit evolving needs and new priorities.