Wasatch is a mountain range in Salt Lake County that encompasses 1,206 square miles of striking landscapes, recreational attractions, and a growing population. Named for the Ute Native American word meaning, “low place in the high mountains,” Salt Lake County residents identify with and take great pride in the unique land formations that surround them.
The Wasatch Front Waste & Recycling District’s website needed to reflect appreciation of the region’s striking natural beauty, as conveyed in the mission statement on the home page: “...to provide sustainable, quality, integrated waste and recycling collection services for the health and safety of our community… because not everything fits in the can.”
The website touches close to 90,000 community residents, and expectations are high for a functional website that provides efficient access to needed information.
The WFWRD team partnered with Promet Source to redesign their waste and recycling website, along with a migration from WordPress to Drupal 9.
Key among the objectives for the new site:
- An easy-to-manage system for creating and managing content.
- A more modern and engaging user experience with aesthetically appealing visuals, consistent fonts, and search functionality that streamlined access to information.
- An easily scanned content hierarchy that helps users to efficiently find answers
- Presentation of information in a manner that makes sense to users.
- A reduction in incoming calls due to greater reliance on the website as a source of information.
- Interactive capabilities for service requests or reserving a container.
- Adherence to ADA web accessibility standards for users with disabilities.
- The assurance of a great user experience regardless of device – phone, tablet or desktop.
Promet has been awesome. Throughout the process, the attitude was always, ‘anything we can do to help,’ and that was true even after hours.
-Renee Plant, Administrative Manager