Ask Us Anything about Drupal 10
Drupal 10 celebrated the one year anniversary of it's release this month, and despite both Drupal 8 and 9 having reached end of life, the Drupal Community's pace of upgrading to Drupal 10 lags far behind where it needs to be.
There's much to love about Drupal 10, and Promet recently assembled three of our top in-house experts on the topic for a free webinar designed to answer the big questions and help remove barriers to upgrading ASAP. Click the image to head over to the conversation!
Recap of main points
- A Drupal 10 upgrade can have a direct and highly positive impact on site performance.
- Drupal 10 is the best content management system on the market for multilingual support.
- The Nov. 1, 2023 end-of-life date for Drupal 9 marked a hard stop for community updates and security support.
- Integrations with other tools become increasingly challenging, risking possible breakages, when working with legacy versions of Drupal.
- Upgrade delays translate into increased technical debt, which means that the further you stray from maintained software, the more you rely on workarounds and unproven in-house solutions.
- There is not a direct migration path from Drupal 7 to Drupal 10. The strategy we recommend is to build a new Drupal 10 site and migrate Drupal 7 content over to it.
- An essential advantage of Drupal 10, and one that is seldom discussed, is that upgrading secures your future and positions you for huge benefits that are in store as the Drupal 11 release date nears: Project Browser, Automatic Updates, and the integration of Gutenberg as an editor inside of Drupal.
We barely had the chance to scratch the surface in the time allowed. Have a question about a Drupal 10 upgrade or the specific advantages of the current version? Just let us know. We're happy to help!