Looking to sharpen the visual aspects of your site-building skills, learn TWIG templating basics, and understand how Drupal layout and theming differs from previous versions? Developers who do not need the full, 5-day Drupal Developer Immersion class, now have the option of signing up for this one-day segment. This course provides a comprehensive overview of Drupal layout and theming, including best practices for controlling the look and feel of a website, plus hands-on training for developing a custom theme. Prior knowledge of Drupal site building or completion of the Drupal Site Building course is required.
- Describe and work with Drupal's theme layer
- Declare, style, and use custom regions in a theme and theme settings
- Apply and utilize Stylesheets and Java script in a theme
- Build a sub-theme from a base theme
This one-day course requires a working knowledge of Drupal site building, HTML, and CSS. It is best suited for site builders who are looking to dig deeper into Drupal theming, as well as backend developers looking for an understanding of how theming integrates with backend development.
Layout & Theming
- Drupal Theming Fundamentals
- How does Drupal theming work?
- What are themes?
- Making a simple theme
- Working with regions
- Adding libraries and dependencies
- Advanced .info.yml options
- Adding breakpoints
- Customizing your theme
- Anatomy of a theme
- Coding standards in Drupal
- Introduction to Twig template files
- Overrides, available variables, and hooks
- Adding custom regions
- Base themes and subtheming
- Base themes, subthemes, and core themes
- Using subthemes
- File inheritance