Promet Source Announces Partnership with Drupal Open Y
Promet Source is proud to announce that we have teamed up with OpenYMCA.org, an open-source digital platform for marketing and e-commerce, as a Drupal development partner. Through this partnership, we are committed to the Open Y philosophy, community, and platform. Promet has worked with several YMCA organizations across the country to build and maintain their Drupal websites. Through this new partnership, we are eager to utilize our Drupal expertise to not only assist YMCA organizations with their Open Y platform implementations, but to also build new modules, customize and extend the platform to meet the needs of their community.
About Open Y
The Open Y platform is a content management system that uses Drupal 8 functionality and useful modules from YMCAs and digital partners. It’s easy and free to use—everyone is welcome to implement Open Y and run Open Y projects.
In 2016 a group of YMCA digital, marketing, and technology experts recognized the digital opportunities that exist if we work together as a community and established Open Y.
- Maintains the Open Y content management system and OpenYMCA.org site
- Ensures all basic functionality accessible from the content management system is available free of charge—those who contribute cannot charge others for what is shared
- Strives to be aware of issues found within the Open Y content management system
- Is not liable for bugs, crashes or performance issues of the content management system
- Invites and approves digital partners to join
- Distributes communication about Open Y
- Organizes events for the Open Y community—including 2 annual meetings
About Promet Source
Founded in 2003, Promet Source is a web design and development company that specializes in open source solutions for government, higher education and association/nonprofit clients. Promet Source’s founder, Andrew Kucharski, started the company as a custom .net solutions firm that focused on eCommerce projects for national brands.
After getting exposure to the Drupal community of open source developers, Kucharski realized that Drupal would become the go-to solution for clients that need to solve complex problems in content creation, membership management, donations and fundraising, and responsive design. Promet realigned its core services and solutions to meet the needs of clients faced with these issues and set about solving problems with Drupal.
Promet Source is a comprehensive Drupal development agency that offers custom design, custom implementations, private and public instructor lead Drupal training, web accessibility compliance, consulting and full 24x7 support to its clients.